BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KALLEN
Obsidian | Level 7

I am attempting to import an excel file stored on my desktop but I am receiving this error message:

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /opt/config/Lev1/SASApp/C:\Users\KALLEN.EPECAD\Desktop\/auto

Below is my code and I have attached my data. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. 

PROC IMPORT OUT=WORK.auto1 DATAFILE="C:\Users\KALLEN.EPECAD\Desktop\auto.xlsx" 
            DBMS=xlsx REPLACE;
     SHEET="auto"; 
     GETNAMES=YES;
RUN;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Use the Copy Files task to copy the local Excel file to your server, then run your PROC IMPORT from there.  The remote SAS session cannot see your Windows desktop system.

Example of the task settings, process flow, and code you might use.

copyfiles.pngcopyfilescode.png

copyfilesflow.png

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KALLEN
Obsidian | Level 7

I believe where I am going wrong is in datafile=   

Reeza
Super User
Are yo using SAS University Edition or SAS on a server? If it's SAS UE you need to place the file in the myfolders and import it from there. If you're using EG you'll need to use the GUI.
KALLEN
Obsidian | Level 7
I'm using SAS EG on a remote server
KALLEN
Obsidian | Level 7

I am using EG on a remote server

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Use the Copy Files task to copy the local Excel file to your server, then run your PROC IMPORT from there.  The remote SAS session cannot see your Windows desktop system.

Example of the task settings, process flow, and code you might use.

copyfiles.pngcopyfilescode.png

copyfilesflow.png

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
KALLEN
Obsidian | Level 7
Great! Really like this solution.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation