BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sheren_deep1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

I am currently using SAS EG and connected to a SAS Server. I would like to check the files size that are sitting on a library called (NETZ2). I used the following codes to check the file size.    

proc sql;
 select memname, filesize format=sizekmg10.1
   from dictionary.tables
   where libname='SASDATA' and memtype='DATA';
quit;

However, the result shows 0.00KB size of file in the respective column as shown below.

Capture.PNG

Meanwhile, the dataset (for example: FACT_BPPD_POPULATION) actually contained data for roughly 75 million records. However, when i try to check file size for datasets that are sitting in other libraries with the proc  sql above codes i could get the exact file size for those datasets in the other libraries. 

Could someone please help me to understand why this is happening? and if there is any other way that i can check the filesize for datasets in this particular library. 

Thank You. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Could your NETZ2 library point to a Netezza database - SAS cannot provide table size details for external databases.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Is "Netz2" aka "SASDATA" a base/v9 library?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Could your NETZ2 library point to a Netezza database - SAS cannot provide table size details for external databases.

Ksharp
Super User

Or if you were using SPDServer for SAS, you can't get table size either .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation