BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
radha009
Quartz | Level 8
I am looking to create a hyperlink to ‘this week changes’ once I click pop up opens with data.

How can I do it.
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

What is your destination of interest, RTF, PDF, HTML? When do you mean by "popup" -- a popup Word doc, a popup window, a flyover window, a new HTML page?

What code have you tried? What procedures are you using? There are several ways to create hyperlinks in SAS and then to generate links for "drill-down" from a summary report to a detail report, for example. Here's one Forum posting, with code: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Procedures/How-to-do-a-Drill-Down/td-p/103086 and here's another with a PDF example that is a bit different: https://communities.sas.com/t5/ODS-and-Base-Reporting/links-with-PDF-destination/td-p/62869 .

Cynthia

radha009
Quartz | Level 8

i am looking for html format. a link at the end of the report. onclick should open popup window with dataset.(sh1.deployments)

ods html body='ttest.htm' style=HTMLBlue;

proc report data=sh1.deployments;
run;
ods html close;

ods _all_ close;
ods html body='ttest.htm'
style=HTMLBlue;
title2 j=l height = 14 pt link="ttest.htm/";
ods html close;
ods html;

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I am confused because your BODY= option is creating TTEST.HTM in BOTH of the ODS HTML statement but your LINK= is pointing to the SAME file TTEST.HTM -- that doesn't make sense to me.

This works for me:

how_linking_works.png

Notice how 2 separate files are created: detail.htm and master.htm. Notice that the detail.htm file (yellow) has a link to master.htm (blue). And notice also that master.htm, the summary file, (blue) has a link to detail.htm(yellow).

It would not work if all the links referred to "detail.htm" or "master.htm".

You should be able to try my code to see how it works. It just uses sashelp.class.

Cynthia

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation