BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
anetteostbo
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I want to do a check if an in-memory table in Viya has an error, before saving another table.

IF the in-memory table has an error THEN I need to drop and reload several tables.
ELSE save tables to sashdat files.

Does anyone know if there is an easy way of testing this in the CAS code. Or maybe in a job/flow scheduling?

I’m working in Viya 3.5.

Some background on why I need this:
I have three tables containing final results, and one table containing unique keys and a column with a flag that controls which keys to analyze (either “completed” or “toRun”). The flag is temporarily updated in the in-memory table in the CAS code, and if the final tables have errors on the in-memory table, I want to drop this table and reload to get the original status of the flag to analyze those keys again.
When I just run a save without checking, I risk that some of the tables are saved and some not.

1 REPLY 1
smm662002
Quartz | Level 8
Hi,

Would it be possible to clarify what type of error are you trying to test?
Can your error be an unexpected value in a table or a table coruption?

Regards,
Smm662002

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation