BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
UdayGuntupalli
Quartz | Level 8

All, 

I am trying to build a SOAP API. The API requires one of the inputs to be a table of information. Can anyone kindly provide an example of the correct format to read in a table as an input from XML Soap invocation call. Appreciate your help. 

7 REPLIES 7
UdayGuntupalli
Quartz | Level 8

@ChrisNZ
        Thank you for your response. Yes, I have seen this. It only covers single parameters, however I am trying to look into passing a table as input. 

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

I am afraid I am out of my depth, but maybe @ArvAmundson or @MagnusGustavsson or @BrunoMueller would be able to help?

ArvAmundson
Calcite | Level 5

Just to clarify.  Are you trying to take one or more columns from a SAS table and populate fields in the request XML file that you submit with the PROC SOAP?

UdayGuntupalli
Quartz | Level 8

@ArvAmundson,
       No. I am trying to just pass a table from another application for e.g. say C# pass a table in its XML soap request to the service

ArvAmundson
Calcite | Level 5
I can't help you then. I have looped thru tables one record at a time with a macro and used the contents to fill out the request XML. However, I have not used it to transfer a whole table.

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Have you already defined the Stored Process with Input/Output data source definitions and looked at the WSDL coming back from the webservice, this should reflect how to provide the data.

Here is sample code on how to access the XML data passed in:

libname ws_ixml xmlv2;

proc copy in=ws_ixml out=work;
run;

proc contents data=work._all_ ;
run;

proc print data=work.t1;
run;

The definition of the WS_IXML looks like this:image.png

The Web Service request looks like this:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:biw="http://www.sas.com/xml/namespace/biwebservices">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <biw:ws_input_data>
         <biw:streams>
            <biw:ws_ixml contentType="?">
               <biw:Value>
                  <!--You may enter ANY elements at this point-->
                  <root>
                     <t1>
                        <c1>r1c1</c1>
                        <c2>r1c2</c2>
                        <c3>123</c3>
                        <c4>2018-09-05</c4>
                     </t1>
                     <t1>
                        <c1>r2c1</c1>
                        <c2>r2c2</c2>
                        <c3>456</c3>
                        <c4>2018-09-05</c4>
                     </t1>
                  </root>
               </biw:Value>
            </biw:ws_ixml>
         </biw:streams>
      </biw:ws_input_data>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

The request xml was taken from SoapUI. 

So the XML between the <biw:Value></biw:Value> tags can be read using the XMLV2 libname engine.

The XML data passed in to the WS_IXML libref can be read without using a XML Map file.

<root> is the root tag, <t1> is the table name, each repeating <t1> ... </t1> is treated as an observation. The <c4> column is an example how to pass in a date.

You can get the WSDL of a Stored process called as a SAS Webservice like this:

http://host:port/SASBIWS/services/<metadata folder name>/<stored process name>?WSDL

Hope this helps

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation