BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Garyho
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,all ,

data test;
	a="test";
label a="NCI CTCAE Grade (3)/Severity (4)/ Action Taken with Investigational product 
(5)/ Outcome (6)/ Ongoing / End DateRelationship to Investigational Product 
(7) / Relationship to administration procedure 
(8)/ Relationship to concomitant medication (9)/ Suspected cause other than investigational product and concomitant medication";
	run;

In Variable ,Lenght of label value too long and would be truncated to a length of 256 bytes.

So Do you have any advice to resolve this issue and show completed label value??

Thank you very much

3 REPLIES 3
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Not helpful, i know, but i think a label of more than 50 chars is far to long to be used anywhere. Maybe using footnotes in a report or a format to show text instead of values could solve the issue.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The label is physically limited to 256 bytes.

Put this explanation into a footnote wherever needed.

Consider creating a lookup dataset with these values, from which you can create text automatically.

ballardw
Super User

Can you show an example of other code you use where that label is desirable?

I have used long labels as such to document what some variable starts as, such as the text of a survey question but very seldom use those labels in reports or analysis.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation