BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
10 REPLIES 10
ballardw
Super User

Header of what?

You're going to need to provide some context. Such as describe some details of the process and possibly the output destination.

Lakhinansrilath
Calcite | Level 5
I kept a photo.I want fill that parameters by using SAS and that part is under header
Lakhinansrilath
Calcite | Level 5

I want prepare a patient profile form.In that I want to make a header(as we do in word for each and every page). For that header I have rawdata, So I want to fill that header with rawdata by using SAS.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Lakhinansrilath 

You haven't provided us with any new information. You need to provide new additional information and detail. We need to see (a portion of) your data. (Do not ignore this part!) We need to understand what variables go where. (Do not ignore this part!) You need to explain this clearly, completely, and in detail, start to finish.

--
Paige Miller
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@Lakhinansrilath wrote:

I want prepare a patient profile form.In that I want to make a header(as we do in word for each and every page). For that header I have rawdata, So I want to fill that header with rawdata by using SAS.

So this is getting closer to an explanation.  You are creating patient profile report.

The header you are talking about is the header to this report.  

So to do this you need to know what values you have in the data that correspond to the information in the header.  Is there a variable with the patient id?  What is the variable name?  What are the other fields in the header? What are the variables that hold that information.

How are you generating the patient profile?  Is a single PROC PRINT? Something else?

In general the way to add header lines to a report is to use TITLE statements.  You can have up to ten TITLE statements to add up to 10 lines at the top of each page.

Lakhinansrilath
Calcite | Level 5
Yeah, SUBJID is the variable used for Patient ID.All the parameter what I took in the header are there in the rawdata(Which was provided by client). I generate Profile form by using raw data,I used to make normal tables according to Profileform and finally I used PROC PRINT.I used TITLE statements also.
If we make tables for rawdata It will automatically fill according to our codes.but in header(what I kept as screenshot) what I have to do to fill the data in header part which is not in table format.This is the main query?
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

In order to write a SAS program, we need to know at least two things:

1. The SAS data set you are working with
  2. The desired output

We need both of these spelled out clearly so there's no need for us to guess.

The SAS data set you are using should be provided as working SAS data step code, which you can type in yourself or use these instructions. We cannot work from data in Excel or other documents; we cannot work with screen captures.

--
Paige Miller
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Please provide more information: does the screenshot show the complete header? Where to put what? What must follow the header? For such questions providing data in usable form is a must-requirement.

Lakhinansrilath
Calcite | Level 5
Yeah.The screenshot provide whole information regarding header.I want to fill that header with raw data
ballardw
Super User

@Lakhinansrilath wrote:
Yeah.The screenshot provide whole information regarding header.I want to fill that header with raw data

"Raw data" from where? Is it in a data set? Is it in the same data set that the body of the report uses?

Do you expect to make multiple reports with different headers? If there are multiple reports do you have the body data in one data set or multiple?

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation