BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ngo99
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, I am trying to export my sas code into an excel file. However, when I typed this code this is the message I am receiving. 

code: 

proc export data=WORK.IMPORT
 outfile="C:/User/user/Documents/export/resultingdataset.xlsx"
dbms=xlsx;
run;

result:

ERROR: Temporary file for XLSX file can not be created -> /folders/myfolders/export//resultingdataset.$$1. Make sure the path name
is correct and that you have write permission.

7 REPLIES 7
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

This problem has been discussed so many times .... the server your sas session is running on can't access your local drives.

TrevorH
Calcite | Level 5

I am able to export with the SAS Export Wizard but I get this error when I try to do it with proc export. I have copied and pasted the path from the wizard.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What is the path from the SAS Export Wizard? If it is a path on your PC then the remote SAS server running PROC EXPORT will not be able access it. Talk to your SAS administrator about setting up a folder share that will work for both methods.  

TrevorH
Calcite | Level 5

Ok that makes sense.

TrevorH
Calcite | Level 5

Btw, the path is to a location on the LAN.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Same applies for LAN folders. You'll need to get an IT administrator to set up a SAS server folder share with the LAN folder.

TrevorH
Calcite | Level 5
Yup got it thx

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation