7 82
8 414
9 1401
10 4989
11 13435
12 29800
13 59251
;

How can I use this information to compute the infection rate of Covid 19? The data is non-linear and fits polynomial and logarithmic regression trendlines very well. If infection rate can be estimated through regression curve fitting, please guide me. Can someone please let me understand the computation and the SAS code to do so? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User
Whats the definition of an infection rate?
Gunjika
Calcite | Level 5
Dear PG,

Thanx for your reply. The thing is that the "infection rate" mentioned in this paper is "Incidence Rate".
Gunjika
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Reeza and PG,

I want something like what they have done in this paper, under section 3.3 "Estimation of infection rate".

Dear PG, in the context of Covid-19, the term "infection rate" is used interchangeably with the term "transmission rate".

Reeza
Super User
And you can see from either of these definitions you need population numbers or at risk numbers and we don't have that information.
Ksharp
Super User

@Rick_SAS wrote a blog about Covid 19  culumutive freq.

It is like Logistic Curve , could try  e^x/(1+e^x)   curve and PROC NLIN .

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation