BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

FG,

I 'd appreciate you would send me a private message on those other reasons. haikuo.bian@gmail.com

Thanks,

Haikuo

apolodor
Calcite | Level 5

Well, I need those SAS/CONNECT Signon scripts beside SAS interpreter (to run SAS commands).

I am trying to access SAS data (read/write) using Oracle Data Integrator tool; see page 96 from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/testcontent/oracledi-km-reference-130306.pdf

I am pretty new to the "SAS World" so maybe you can share some hints related to this topic.

Thanks again!

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I think you need to speak to your sas site support representative or SAS technical support - contact details at http://support.sas.com

apolodor
Calcite | Level 5

It should be straight forward ... Why is it complicated to locate those scripts?

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Probably the only reason for complexity is because your sas client is installed "incomplete".

A complete install of SAS including SAS/Connect would have built  and filled the folder revealed by the SASSCRIPT option.

I expect the scripts would be available for a licensed user from sas customer support.

But remember, nearly always the script has to be adapted to suit your server.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I think it is worth pointing out that most SAS users these days connect to SAS servers without using SIGNON scripts - this is the so-called SIGNON noscript option. I recommend you try to avoid using scripts as these are an extra maintainence requirement.

As suggested already, since you are new to SAS you would be best off raising a problem with SAS Technical Support.

Configuring PC SAS or EG to connect to a SAS server should have been done as part of your SAS Server installation as it requires server-side configuration as well.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

As I understand the situation aplodor is goin for the tool: "Oracle data Integrator"

The installation of this Oracle tool wil wrap arround the normal SAS installation. So you need to do the Oracle engineering (installation).

In the manual by Oracle the SAS installation is described.   Ahwww that is hurting another supplier modifiying someone else installation.

When this tool is used it will use SAS/Base with optional (remote) SAS/Connect to get it to a SAS/Server installation,

So you need the engineer/support when getting to that part of SAS/base to another Machine.

The ODI (oracel data intgerator) is bypassing the SAS/Share option in other approach. Having SAS/Share you could Access that ODBC.   

The SAS/Connect approach can perform better (less overhead) but requires support of the local SAS staff responsible for that part.

And yes SASkiwi just seen his note, mostly the signon is scriptless today but it requires a signon user/pswd.

Would nice if SAS/TS support can/would help. I have not good hope for that as SAS normally does the ETL by their own DI tool.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I notice you are also trying to get EG going from a question you have in the EG forum. The port problems you have there are common to both EG and PC SAS - SAS/CONNECT.

FYI the workspace SAS Spawner that EG connects to is the same spawner that PC SAS connects to, to avoid the script signon.

Try: %let sashost= mysasserver.test.com 12345; (put your actual SAS Compute/workspace server name here and the IP port you want to connect through - the same as for EG)

signon sashost;

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

In order to use SAS/CONNECT you need to have it's daemon running.  This daemon attaches the script, which is optional.  On a unix system the default full path is:

!SASROOT/utilities/bin/sastcpd

/usr/local/SAS/SASFoundation/9.2/utilities/bin/sastcpd

Extended information related to the unix spawner daemon can be found at the following link:

Communications Access Methods for SAS/CONNECT(R) 9.2 and SAS/SHARE(R) 9.2

To run the service on port 8801 without a script you could use the following example

/usr/local/SAS/SASFoundation/9.2/utilities/bin/sastcpd -service 8801 -noscript -shell -sascmd /usr/local/SAS/SASFoundation/9.2/sas

Once the daemon is running you can configure the third party tool with the server and port information to start spawning sas sessions.

The link I shared above also includes example for sastcpd scripts, which are substantively different from the SAS/CONNECT signon scripts, an example of which can be found at the following link:

SAS/CONNECT(R) 9.3 User's Guide

This is the file which you must reference in your tools menu for the jdbc connection and it specifies things such as the address and port to connect to.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation