BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ballardw
Super User

@tazz_bh wrote:

would like to combine data from multiple cells into one cell using SAS Data Integration Studio.

My data is divided into three different tables, as follows:

Table 1 (Number of columns is unknown)

Col 1 Col 2 Col 3
City A City B City C

Table 2 (Number of columns is unknown)

Col 1 Col 2 Col 3
State A State B State C

Table 3

Variable 1 Variable 2
x y

Desired final table:

That is, I want to create a final table in which I can join the data from table 1 (Number of columns is unknown) in just one field and the data from table 2 (Number of columns is also unknown) in another field, separating the respective values ​​with a comma.

Variable 1 Variable 2 States Cities
x y State A, State B, State C City A, City B, City C

Can someone help me with the code so I can count columns and then CATX () without having to do mappings, since I don't know how many columns I will have? In addition, the next time I run the job, some city may have left the list, which reduces my number of columns.

Please describe just what you intend to do with the resulting data. This kind of data structure is obnoxious for any form of modeling, analysis, summary or even legible reporting.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation