BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tarikbirinci1
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everybody,

I want to import an excel file from my local with any of the browser screens such as Chrome, Explorer etc. But I want to expect to show that screen to all of my co-workers who can reach that Sas server. At the end of the day, I also want to map these excel files with desired paths, so I have a structure in my mind like this way.

If any of the experts can help me about creating the sas scripts? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Let's get this straight:

• you have data in an Excel file
  • you need to import that into SAS, which runs on a remote server
  • the data needs to be available to others, via web

Are these assumptions correct?

How do you work with your remote SAS server? SAS Studio, or Enterprise Guide?

Do those "others" work with SAS tools (see above), or are they completely SAS-illiterate?

In which form will the users expect the data? Only for viewing, or available for download?

tarikbirinci1
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, your assumptions are correct.

We can both work on Sas Studio and Sas EG.

Yes, they can work with these Sas tools.

About your third question, actually as you remember from Sas EG (I also attach the screenshot as below) I would like to similar screen for them to browse their local file in any browser. 

ssss

As a summary, because we all have accessibility to Sas Visual Analytics hub, we expect to create browser screen to import our local file. To do this, we need Sas scripts to build that structure.

Thanks,

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Doesn't VA have a native Import interface?

SAS Studio users can use it to upload and then import local data; EG provides wizards for this.

So I see no need to reinvent the wheel.

To create a simple import interface for non-SAS users, use a stored process that displays a page with Javascript code that allows local browsing. This will not be trivial.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation