BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAS_Practice
Calcite | Level 5

I am using "Flow" in Proc Report because the string length is really long in the column. Since I am using flow, the words are breaking into pieces (splitting) and a part of it is going to the next line. Is there any straight forward way to make sure no words are not breaking up? Thank you so much 

3 REPLIES 3
Ksharp
Super User

What is your output destination ? Excel or Word ?

define name/style={tagattr="wrap:no"};
SAS_Practice
Calcite | Level 5

Thank  you so much. Destination is word/ RTF/ PDF

ballardw
Super User

One approach is to add a SPLIT character, default / or define it on the Proc statement, at the position(s) you want the text to split instead of letting the program decide. The FLOW option will honor the character.

The column width will also have an impact. So you may have to provide example values and the proc report code to get a better answer for your specific case.

I understand that sometimes manipulating the data is cumbersome.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation