BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
gorata
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Guys,

i have the following challenge in Windows environment:

I am trying to access (include statement) via SAS EG different sas project related sources located on shared drive .

The shared drive is in another domain , and of course i receive authorization error in SAS EG that i can not include the desired sources.

Do you have some experience with such situation.

How can i pass my credentials to the shared location in the other domain prior to the include statements.

Do you have some example?

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In other words this is not a SAS issue but an IT network security / permissions issue. Raise the problem with your IT support people.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ballardw
Super User

Show the code you use to reference one or more of those files.

You likely need to provide server /domain information and likely id and passwords.

gorata
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

actiually we are failing on the first step- include statement's and assignment of the required sources.

On this step we are receiving authentication error due to missing credentials.

Regards

gorata
Obsidian | Level 7

Do you have an simple example how this code should look like, in order to connect?

ballardw
Super User

@gorata wrote:

Do you have an simple example how this code should look like, in order to connect?

I'm sorry but you really should provide LOG with the code you attempted and all the messages that might be involved.

There are so many ways that you can attempt to connect to stuff that I am not going to attempt to even guess.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Are trying something like this - %include '\\MyFileServer.MyOtherDomain\MyFolder';

If this is failing then most likely you will need your IT folks to set up the right security settings including firewall rules and folder share permissions. This isn't something you can fix yourself. 

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Can you access this network drive by any other means than SAS on the machine where SAS executes (=not the EG client but where the SAS Server component is installed)?

gorata
Obsidian | Level 7
No. SAS is installed on the new environment where we migrated the more or less whole desired content (except of the content on the shared drive) Shared content is located in the old domain. SAS is installed on the new domain.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In other words this is not a SAS issue but an IT network security / permissions issue. Raise the problem with your IT support people.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation