BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RandoDando
Pyrite | Level 9

I have imported a data set which has warnings regarding some observations identified by row number.  I need to see what those are.  How do I run PROC PRINT with a WHERE condition to identify specific rows in the data set?  Where _n_ = 2385445 does not seem to work.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @RandoDando,

The automatic variable _N_ counts DATA step iterations, so it's not available in a PROC step. But you can use FIRSTOBS= and OBS= dataset options:

proc print data=have(firstobs=2385445 obs=2385445);
run;

Or, if you want to include two observations before and two after the row of interest:

proc print data=have(firstobs=2385443 obs=2385447);
run;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @RandoDando,

The automatic variable _N_ counts DATA step iterations, so it's not available in a PROC step. But you can use FIRSTOBS= and OBS= dataset options:

proc print data=have(firstobs=2385445 obs=2385445);
run;

Or, if you want to include two observations before and two after the row of interest:

proc print data=have(firstobs=2385443 obs=2385447);
run;
RandoDando
Pyrite | Level 9
That worked! I wish there were a more straight-forward method, but it's easy enough.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation