BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lllo22
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

I'm trying to figure out how to monitor a scheduled job I've ran from SAS Management Console. I'm new SAS and I hope what I want to do is not too difficult.

We have a a piece of code that has been created an stored on the server, here is a screenshot of it:

SchedManager-Job.png

Normally, we would have this code automated via Windows Task Scheduler. But right now we run it manually.

What I do is right click on the highlighted job >> schedule flow >> run now >> ok.

I get a message saying that it was successful. As part of that code, I get an email saying that it started. So I know that the code has been executed.

What I want to know is how do I monitor the status of this code? Is there way for me to see whether it is still running or finished?

I hope the question makes sense. 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@lllo22  - Unfortunately you can't monitor scheduled jobs in SAS Management Console. If you are using Platform Process Manager as your scheduler there is a separate tool called IBM Flow Manager which contains a dashboard of scheduled jobs and their statuses.

However if you are just invoking the jobs manually and don't use PPM then the only way I know of to monitor progress is just to view the SAS logs. 

lllo22
Calcite | Level 5

Thank for that reply.

So just a follow up, the SAS logs you mentioned, are they something I would have to code into my code or is there some sort of standard SAS logs that I can view? At least something that tells me that the job is still running.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@lllo22 - Yes, the SMC definition should include a folder location for the SAS logs. It is just a case of checking that folder and if the Date Modified hasn't changed from the timestamp in the log file name then it hasn't finished. You can open the logs in Notepad as well as they are just text files.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation