BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jeff_DOC
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello.

I am looking for a way to list library properties. If I right click on a library and select properties I can see the properties, i.e., Type, Description, Server, Engine Location, Options, Libref, Read Only and Temporary. I'm looking for a way to simply list all properties of a library. 

I don't have any example code as I can't find any place to start.

If someone could point me in a potential direction that would be very helpful.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You can get lots of details from the DICTIONARY tables, easily accessed via SASHELP.VLIBNAM.

proc sql;
 create table details as select * from sashelp.vlibnam;
quit;
Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
Jeff_DOC
Pyrite | Level 9

I did look there but the variables it listed were incomplete. For instance, I can see an options variable in the properties but it doesn't show up in when I look in vlibnam.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You will get similar details from:

libname _all_ list;

Some libname engines with special suboptions (for databases, for example) might not be "findable" through these methods.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation