BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
caeduspl
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello I am developing a tool which analyse metadata dependencies in DI Studio Jobs.

Let's say I have a Generated Transformation (Prototype) object with an ID AAA.BBB and I used it in many jobs AAA.XXX (id) included.

Via analysing associations I was able to find used PhysicalTable, ExternalTable and Job (subjobs) objects used in a AAA.XXX job.
I achieved that using Job --> CustomAssociations --> ControlOrder --> AssociatedObjects path.

I am in fact able to get a TransformationStep object (AAA.YYY id) which implements AAA.BBB Generated Transform (Prototype) yet its still not the AAA.BBB ID found.
Let's go further AAA.YYY has interesting associations: Transformations and UsingPrototype.
Transformations leads to a Steps association returning object which is the TransformationStep - its a AAA.YYY again. Its a dead end.

UsingPrototype is promising. I get the Prototype type object AAA.ZZZ (note its not the AAA.BBB I am looking for). Furthermore it doesnt have a name in the attributes and I cannot resolve it path in DI folder tree. It has a UsedByPrototypes association but it drives me back to TransformationSteps so a dead end again.

Is there anyway to pinpoint Generated Transforms used in a DI Job?
I would preferably stick to data step functions

metadata_getnasl
metadata_getnasn
metadata_getnatr

because I am already familiar with them.

Best regards and thank you!

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
caeduspl
Fluorite | Level 6

Problem solved: both TransformationStep and the valid Prototype (Generated Transform in DI) have Class property.

You can get it by:

metadata_getprop(TransStepURI, 'Class', Class);

And find the transformation in the repository with the same Class property value.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
caeduspl
Fluorite | Level 6

Problem solved: both TransformationStep and the valid Prototype (Generated Transform in DI) have Class property.

You can get it by:

metadata_getprop(TransStepURI, 'Class', Class);

And find the transformation in the repository with the same Class property value.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation