BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASUserRocks
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Friends

Please shed some light here.

First of all am getting File in use error. Also i am getting email in inbox , however , html body is missing. only grid is appearing . I want it together. Please assist in rectifying this code as i am sitting with this for 2 days..

libname WBG '/sasdata/WBG/';
%let input_path = "/SASAnalytics/WBG/CorporateSupport/INWARD & IN-HOUSE CHEQUE REFERRAL/";
%let input_filename2 = REF_And_ESC_Pending_Report.xlsx;

proc import replace datafile= "/SASAnalytics/WBG/CorporateSupport/INWARD & IN-HOUSE CHEQUE REFERRAL/REF_And_ESC_Pending_Report.xlsx"
out=Cheque_referral
DBMS=XLSX;
range="REF And ESC Pending Report$A10:K30000";
GETNAMES=yes;

proc import replace datafile= "/SASAnalytics/WBG/CorporateSupport/INWARD & IN-HOUSE CHEQUE REFERRAL/RM_Team_Mapping.xlsx"
out=RM_Team_Mapping
DBMS=XLSX;
GETNAMES=yes;

proc sql;
delete from Cheque_referral where 'S.No.'n like '%End%';
delete from Cheque_referral where 'S.No.'n='';
run;

proc sql;
create table WBG.Cheque_referral as 
select A.*,B.'Staff ID'n,
B.'Staff Name'n,
B.'Line manager'n,
B.Lead,
B.Staff_Email,
B.RM_Email from Cheque_referral 
A left join RM_Team_Mapping B on A.RMCODE=B.'RM code'n
where SUBSTR(A.RMCODE,1,3) IN ('COR','GOV','GOV') and A.RMCODE in ('COR100063','COR100018');
run;

proc sql;
select distinct RM_Email into :toList separated by ' ' from WBG.Cheque_referral;
quit;

Data Cheque_referral_Email;
set WBG.Cheque_referral;
run;

proc sql;
select distinct Staff_Email,count(distinct Staff_Email) into :Staff_Email separated by '|',:c
from Cheque_referral_Email;
quit;

proc sql;
select distinct RM_Email,count(distinct RM_Email) into :RM_Email separated by '|',:c
from Cheque_referral_Email;
quit;

%put &=Staff_Email;
%let cntsep1 = %sysfunc(count(&Staff_Email,|));
%put &=RM_Email;
%let cntsep2 = %sysfunc(count(&RM_Email,|));
%put &=cntsep2;
%let cntemail = %eval(&cntsep1+1);
%put &=cntemail;

/*
%macro t;
proc sql;
%do i =1 %to &cntemail;

%let EMAIL=%scan(&Staff_Email,&i,'|');
%put &=EMAIL;
%let RM_EMAIL=%scan(&RM_Email,&i,'|');
%put &=RM_EMAIL;

*/

%macro t;

proc sql;
%do i = 1 %to &cntemail;
%let EMAIL = %scan(&Staff_Email, &i, '|');
%let RM_EMAIL = %scan(&RM_Email, &i, '|');
filename mail email
From=('CIBGServiceQuality_SAS@adcb.com')
to=("&EMAIL") 
cc=("&RM_Email")
subject="INWARD & IN-HOUSE CHEQUE REFERRAL NOTIFICATION"
attach=("/SASAnalytics/WBG/CorporateSupport/INWARD & IN-HOUSE CHEQUE REFERRAL/REF_And_ESC_Pending_Report.xlsx" content_type='xlsx')
type='text/html';
ods html file=mail;

data _null_;
file mail;
put '<html>';
put '<body>';
put '<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, serif;">';
put '<br>';
put '<p>Dear &EMAIL,</p>';
put '<p>Seeking your kind attention to the below pending cheque in Referral queue. The details are appended in below table for your easy reference. Kindly clear the same in case you wish to proceed.<br>';
put '<br>';
put '<p>Note: This is an automated email from SAS.</p>';
put '<p>Any questions please reach out to CIBG Service quality Team.</p>';
put '<br>';
put '<p>Thanks and Regards,</p>';
put '<p>CIBG Service quality Team</p>';
run;

PROC REPORT DATA=WBG.Cheque_referral(where=(Staff_Email="&EMAIL")) nowd HEADLINE HEADSKIP
style(report)={background=whitex font_face="Arial" font_size=9pt just=left}
style(column)={background=white CELLHEIGHT=2.5% font_face="Arial" font_size=9pt just=left}
style(header)={foreground=cx5e2750 font_face="Arial" font_size=8pt just=left background=white};
columns 'S.No.'n QUEUENAME BUSINESSCATEGORY PROFITCENTER RMCODE RMNAME CUSTOMERNAME CUSTACCOUNTNO AMOUNT ODTODATPOSTING REFERREDREASON;
run;

data _null_;
file mail;
put '</span>';
put '</body>';
put '</html>';
run;

ods html close;
%end;
%mend t;

%t;

2 REPLIES 2
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
Since we have no log with errors, warnings and notes and a piece of code we cannot use to test with, it will be difficult to find someone on the community that can help you. Did this code work in the past? Did you inherit the code or did you write it yourself? If yes, did you first write some code without using a macro that worked? Can you reproduce the error with a simple dataset like for instance sashelp.class
using the base code from your program to send an email? Does that result in the same file-in-use error?
ballardw
Super User

You show several places that are attempting to end Proc SQL with a RUN; statement. That doesn't work. That means those proc step(s) may still be running when you attempt to use the table created by the Proc, i.e. "in use" by Proc SQL.

Multiple calls to an undefined macro.

Defining macro variables without showing where the may be used.

File paths containing characters like - and & are generally poor practice as are other special characters. Spaces can be problem for some systems.

Reliance on Proc Import in a production step can lead to surprises especially when dealing with spreadsheets as variable names and types can change on you unexpectedly when the content of the files change.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation