BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Armand0
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

For internal audit issues they are asking me for a list of groups and roles with their descriptions as they come in the SAS Management Console I don't know much about SAS code. Is there a way to get this with code?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

The macro %mduextr exports all users and groups to datasets, the dataset group_info contains all groups and roles including their description.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Do you synch your SAS metadata user definitions from external security sources such as Active Directory? If the answer is yes then you can query Active Directory SAS AD group data just using SQL. If no then you will need to query the SAS metadata repository for which there are some standard macros that SAS provides.

Armand0
Calcite | Level 5

thanks for your comment, Will you know the name of the macros that you mention?

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

The macro %mduextr exports all users and groups to datasets, the dataset group_info contains all groups and roles including their description.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation