BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GreggB
Pyrite | Level 9

I want to learn how to export html files to our organization's website. Is this the documentation I should use?

https://documentation.sas.com/api/docsets/pcfsicg/9.4/content/pcfsicg.pdf?locale=en

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

Quick question, your subject says importing/exporting CSV files but your question says exporting HTML. I answered them both, I wasn't sure which you wanted.

1. If you want to import/export CSV files the easiest is to proc import and proc export

Quick example of proc import

proc import datafile="Location/of/file.csv"
		dbms=csv
		out=SASoutputTableName/*Creates the SAS table from the CSV file*/
		replace /*If out table exists replace it*/;
/*More statements you can use (optional). See documentation*/
	getnames=;/*Yes or No*/
	guessingrows=;/*Used to guess the column type and length*/
run;

2. If you are looking to export to an html file look at ODS html. ODS HTML Documentation

Quick example for a sample SAS table you should have

ods html body="C:\Where\You\Want\The\HTMLFile\Testfile.html"/*<--Change this location*/ style=htmlblue;
proc means data=sashelp.cars;
	var mpg_city;
	class type;
run;
ods html close;

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

Quick question, your subject says importing/exporting CSV files but your question says exporting HTML. I answered them both, I wasn't sure which you wanted.

1. If you want to import/export CSV files the easiest is to proc import and proc export

Quick example of proc import

proc import datafile="Location/of/file.csv"
		dbms=csv
		out=SASoutputTableName/*Creates the SAS table from the CSV file*/
		replace /*If out table exists replace it*/;
/*More statements you can use (optional). See documentation*/
	getnames=;/*Yes or No*/
	guessingrows=;/*Used to guess the column type and length*/
run;

2. If you are looking to export to an html file look at ODS html. ODS HTML Documentation

Quick example for a sample SAS table you should have

ods html body="C:\Where\You\Want\The\HTMLFile\Testfile.html"/*<--Change this location*/ style=htmlblue;
proc means data=sashelp.cars;
	var mpg_city;
	class type;
run;
ods html close;

GreggB
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks. My title must have been an autofill.

Panagiotis
SAS Employee

I forgot to mention, if you want to review proc import and the ODS statement take a look at the free SAS Programming 1 Essentials e-learning course. Proc import is taught in chapter 2 "Accessing Data", and in chapter 6 "Exporting Data" the ODS statement is taught.

SAS Programming 1: Essentials - Scroll to where it says Self-Paced e-Learning and it should say free. Click start and review the entire course or the chapters you need!

- Peter

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation