BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shellp55
Quartz | Level 8

Hello

I recently purchased a new computer (running Windows 10) and installed SAS on it.  When I tried to export to Access (.accdb) as I've done many times before, I get an error message indicating “failed to connect to the server”.  I think this has something to do with the Microsoft drivers but I'm not understanding what I need to do to fix this.  All assistance greatly appreciated, thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @shellp55 

This issue may be caused by not having SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files installed and configured correctly, but I am guessing. 

If this is the case, you may want to contact SAS Tech Support for assistance.

Best wishes,

Jeff

ballardw
Super User

@shellp55 wrote:

Hello

I recently purchased a new computer (running Windows 10) and installed SAS on it.  When I tried to export to Access (.accdb) as I've done many times before, I get an error message indicating “failed to connect to the server”.  I think this has something to do with the Microsoft drivers but I'm not understanding what I need to do to fix this.  All assistance greatly appreciated, thanks.

Run this code:

Proc Setinit; run;

Look in the log for the output. If you do not have line similar to:

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files

Then it is definitely a license issue. You need that module for exporting to Excel/ Access.

If you do see a line like that then run:

Proc product_status;run;

Check to log to see if you have a line such as:

For SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files ...

If not then the installation did not include the part you need and should reinstall SAS making sure that the module is selected.

Or you may need to insure that the PC Files server installed and configured properly.

It may not hurt to share the code you used.

And which version of Access do you have on the machine?

Reeza
Super User
Did you upgrade SAS or is it the same version? Is your code using PCFILES? If so, did you install that component and have it running? And last but not least, if you changed versions, your code may need to change 😞
shellp55
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for all the speedy responses!  I did as Jeff suggested and contacted SAS Tech and they were super speedy but I have another query out to them.  When I checked what was loaded it looks like those files are there but maybe not the correct ones.  I'm just waiting for confirmation on which download I need from the site and I will report back.

Just an FYI to any others using this, the latest SAS PC Files Server version is from June 2019 so you may need an update.

Shelley

shellp55
Quartz | Level 8

Hello

I was missing the proper files so they have now been loaded and everything works as it should.  Thanks everyone!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation