BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ronein
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello,

Lets say that every month I need to run SAS code that calculate number of customers in each city.

Let's say that I start run this report today (July 2021) and the data for July 2021 is :

City        Nr_customers2107

London         250

New Castle  300

Machester   180

Then I want to export it into one XLSX file called "Customers_by_month" with one sheet called "Output".

Next month (Aug 2021) I will run the same report and lets say the data will be :

London         220

New Castle  250

Machester   200

Then I want to export this data into same XLSX file and add a new column called "Nr_customers2108"

and so on every month.

What is the way to do it please?

The task is to export to one XLX file (one sheet) and each month export to same XLSA file and add a new column

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
tarheel13
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
I think you need to use macro variables for the months. You can use proc export to send it XLSX.
ballardw
Super User

@Kurt_Bremser wrote:

Use ODS EXCEL and PROC REPORT to create the wide report from the long dataset; use the month variable as ACROSS.

Which would overwrite the existing report, not add a column.

My approach as well when first reading the request. Then I started thinking about a "partial" input data set that doesn't contain all the data for all the columns as a possible use by the OP. Which would not have all the columns.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation