BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JonKetchup
Obsidian | Level 7

I am trying to run several exact logistic regressions after using inverse probability weighting; however, it does not seem like I am able to run an EXACT statement and a WEIGHT statement simultaneously. Is there a work around? I am using exact logistic regression instead of logistic regression due to sample size concerns.

Here is my code:

proc psmatch data=DATA region=allobs;
	class TREATMENT VAR1;
	psmodel TREATMENT(Treated='1')= VAR1 VAR2 VAR3 VAR4 VAR5;
	ASSESS LPS VAR=(VAR2 VAR3 VAR4 VAR5)/VARINFO PLOTS=(BOXPLOT BARCHART)
		WEIGHT=ATEWGT;
output out(obs=ALL)=PSDATA lps=Lps5 ATEWGT=ATEWGT5 PS=PS5;
run;

PROC LOGISTIC DATA=PSDATA;
CLASS VAR6 TREATMENT(REF='0');
MODEL VAR6=TREATMENT;
EXACT TREATMENT;
WEIGHT ATEWGT2;
RUN;

The log warning I get is: "WARNING: The EXACT statement is ignored when the WEIGHT statement is specified."

Appreciate your help.

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

From the documentation for Proc Logistic and the Exact statement:

Exact analyses are not performed when you specify a WEIGHT statement, a link other than LINK=LOGIT or LINK=GLOGIT, an offset variable, the NOFIT option, or a model selection method. Exact estimation is not available for ordinal response models.

What exactly are your sample size concerns?

JonKetchup
Obsidian | Level 7

If I were to make contingency tables for treatment and each outcome, several cell frequencies and expected cell frequencies would be small (some are less than 1). I would normally use Fisher's exact test, but with non-integer weights from the IPW, that is not an option, hence my pursuit to use exact logistic regression. I know this is possible in StatXact, but I do not have a license for it.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation