BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rinsabraham
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Team,

I have fetch the 1384026 records from the table and trying to export into .xlsx file.

Getting error:

Error: cli execute Microsoft odbc excel driver spreadsheet is full.

Code:

proc datasets lib=_ibxlsx;

delete data;

run;

proc append data=_ibxlsx.data base= abc;

run;

PROC EXPORT DATA= _ibxlsx.data
    OUTFILE= 'C:\excel files\data.xls'
    DBMS=EXCEL REPLACE;
     SHEET="data";
RUN;

I know the threshold of xlsx is 1048576.is it possible to increase the threshold value from sas to export.

can you please guide me??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@rinsabraham wrote:

Hi Team,

I have fetch the 1384026 records from the table and trying to export into .xlsx file.

Getting error:

Error: cli execute Microsoft odbc excel driver spreadsheet is full.

Code:

delete data;

run;

run;

PROC EXPORT DATA= _ibxlsx.data
    OUTFILE= 'C:\excel files\data.xls'
    DBMS=EXCEL REPLACE;
     SHEET="data";
RUN;

I know the threshold of xlsx is 1048576.is it possible to increase the threshold value from sas to export.

can you please guide me??

Right now you are creating an xls-file, limited to 65k rows, change dbms and file-extensions to xlsx.

rinsabraham
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the quick reply

let me try and get back to you.

but one more doubt my colleguage tried to copy that file to some other location getting the same error.

code:

delete data;

run;

run;

data _null_;

src== 'C:\excel files\data.xls';

dest== 'C:\excel files\out\data.xls';

if (fileexist (src)) then do

call system ('copy' ||quote(src) ||' ' ||quote(des));

end;

getting the same error

rinsabraham
Obsidian | Level 7

I have changed the dbms  to xlsx and changed the file extension still getting the same error.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Please post your code and log, all we can see above is that you are exporting to XLS which is an ancient binary file format.  What operating system are you running on, how are you exporting the data etc.

rinsabraham
Obsidian | Level 7

Sorry I can't paste the log because it is in client server.

operating system: windows 7

But now I have  removed the duplicate records so I got less than 1 million records so I can  exported the data now. previously I didn't remove the duplicate records due to which data has came up more than 1 million.

Thanks you for reply..

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

"Sorry I can't paste the log because it is in client server." - then how do you know what is going on?  Log is a fundamental things to see what is going on with the process.  

"But now I have  removed the duplicate records so I got less than 1 million records" - why on earth are you pushing out millions of records to a spreadsheet?  That is truly madness.  No-one will ever look at a million records in Excel, nor will that format be useful for anyone.  If you are transferring data then use CSV, Json, XML, trusted platform independent streamable data sources.  Excel is really not the tool for this (whatever your process is).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation