BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pedrohjesus
Fluorite | Level 6

Gentlemen, I am a novice Viya 4 admin in my company. A developer user reported the following error when trying to run the following command.

FILENAME REFFILE FILESRVC FOLDERPATH="/Users/E040017/Lpa_Cartao/saida" FILENAME='dataset_train_teste_5_novo.csv';
proc export data=work.lim_disp_final
    outfile=REFFILE
    dbms=csv
    replace;
run;

The error returned is as below:

NOTE: Unable to open parameter catalog: SASUSER.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST in update mode. Temporary parameter values will be saved to 
WORK.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST.
ERROR: Call to tcpSockContinueSSL failed.
ERROR: The Files Service request returned HTTP status 100: Continue.
ERROR: Unexpected HTTP status from the Files Service request.
ERROR: The Files Service failed to update the file 'dataset_train_teste_5_novo.csv'.
3261297 records created in REFFILE from WORK.LIM_DISP_FINAL.

I searched for this error in the forum, but none applied. I also checked the File Service settings in the SASEnvironmentManager, but it didn't seem to be the cause of the error.

Any help or pointers for this case?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If the issue is that the target disk does not have enough space then allocate more space.  Or target a different location.

Or try using the ZIP fileref engine to write a compressed file.  Not sure if that will work you since you appear to possible be using VIYA or some other strange setup instead of just running SAS with direct access to disks for writing your data.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Are you using WINDOWS servers?

https://support.sas.com/kb/62/089.html#:~:text=ERROR%3A%20Call%20to%20tcpSockContinueSSL%20failed,pr....

Is there enough spaces in that location for millions of lines of text you are trying to write?

pedrohjesus
Fluorite | Level 6

No, we are using Linux.

This path "/Users/E040017/Lpa_Cartao/saida" is in the SAS Content directory of SAS Studio.
How can I check SAS Content space ?

pedrohjesus
Fluorite | Level 6
We noticed that it's actually because of the file size. How can we fix this without changing modifying the file?
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If the issue is that the target disk does not have enough space then allocate more space.  Or target a different location.

Or try using the ZIP fileref engine to write a compressed file.  Not sure if that will work you since you appear to possible be using VIYA or some other strange setup instead of just running SAS with direct access to disks for writing your data.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation