BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shradha1
Obsidian | Level 7
I am trying to build a logistic regression model in SAS Enterprise Miner. For that after the impute step I am Transforming the variables then running a code to check VIF of all variables. But every time just after transformation of variables, all of my interval(numerical) variables are being changed to Nominal and then while running the VIF code I am getting the error as 'variable x in the list does not match type as mentioned in the list' for all the interval variables and hence unable to get VIF results.
Please advise on how to solve this error. Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Data

Before and and after the transpose

In the form of a data step.

I suspect since your error says "list" that somewhere you are using one of the variable list constructors like

x:   or x1 - x25. And one of the variable names is getting used that you either don't intend to use or don't realize that the variable is character.

Proc contents on your before and after transpose data sets will tell which are character or not.

It never hurts to show the entire procedure or data step code that throws messages you have questions about. Copy the entire step from the LOG along with all the notes and warnings and such. Paste the log text into a text box opened on the forum with the </> icon.

Shradha1
Obsidian | Level 7
This is the code after which I get the error..
<Proc reg data=&EM_IMPORT_DATA;
+model (target variable)=%EM_INPUT/ vuf collin;>

The error is <variable xxx in list does not match type prescribed for this list>
I am getting this error for all the numerical variables in my data after running the Transform Variables step and creating dummies for categorical variables

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation