BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ronaldo7
Calcite | Level 5

I am using the National Survey of Children's Health (NSCH) 2020, 2021, and 2022 datasets for an analysis. 

Essentially, I am trying to use multiple imputation for federal poverty level (FPL) variable. From there, I was trying to construct a multivariate logistic regression model to estimate adjusted odds ratios with 95% confidence intervals and P values. However, when I try to run the proc mianalyze statement, I obtain the following error message:

Within-imputation StdErr missing for variable estimate in _Imputation_= 4 in the input DATA= data set.

Here is my code: 

data stacked;
set work.nsch20_22;
array fpli{6} fpl_i1-fpl_i6;
do _Imputation_=1 to 6;
fpl_i=fpli{_Imputation_};

if fpl_i < 100 then povcat_i = 1;
if 100<=fpl_i<200 then povcat_i = 2;
if 200<=fpl_i<400 then povcat_i = 3;
if fpl_i>=400 then povcat_i = 4;
output;
end;
run;

proc sort data=stacked;
by _Imputation_;
run;

proc surveylogistic data=stacked;
	strata stratum fipsst; 
	cluster hhid;
	weight fwc20_22;
	by _Imputation_; 
	class AgeCategory Sex_Logistic Race_Logistic BORNUSA_Logistic CURRINS_Logistic 
		YEAR SC_HISPANIC_R HIGRADE_TVIS povcat_i / param=glm;
	model SickleCell_Binary(event='1')=AgeCategory Sex_Logistic SC_HISPANIC_R Race_Logistic 
		povcat_i HIGRADE_TVIS BORNUSA_Logistic CURRINS_Logistic YEAR / link=logit 
	technique=fisher;
ods output parameterestimates = parms ; 
run;

proc sort data=work.parms;
by _imputation_; *NOTE: if I ever add the response variable (SickleCell_Binary) in the BY statement, an error message will appear that the response variable cannot be found in the dataset, so I have been only keeping _imputation_ in the BY statement. Is this the source of the problem/can you help me with this please?;
run;

proc mianalyze data=parms;
modeleffects estimate;
stderr stderr;
ods output parameterestimates=MI_parms;
run;  *NOTE: this is when I receive the error message that the within-imputation StdErr is missing;

data OR;
set MI_parms;
OR=exp(estimate);
lower_or=exp(LCLMean);
upper_or=exp(UCLMean);
keep comparison OR lower_or upper_or;
run;  *NOTE: I have never been able to get to this set of code. However, would this code give me adjusted odds ratios with 95% confidence intervals along with P values??;

1 REPLY 1
Ksharp
Super User
It looks like you have all the same value for variable "estimate" at _Imputation_= 4 after PROC LOGISTIC.
a.k.a "estimate" 's std=0 .

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation