BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jobl
Calcite | Level 5
Hi there,
I apologize if there are other explanations for this same question already out there, unfortunately my understanding of SAS is extremely basic, so I will need an extremely plainly worded explanation if I am going to be able fix this error and proceed on in my class:

The error I am encountering is as follows:
 "Open code statement recursion detected"

It occurs when I submit the following code (all I have done is replaced the word FILEPATH in the SAS file I was provided with the file path to the requested folder):

/***********************************************/
/* In the line of code below, replace FILEPATH */
/* with the path to your EPG194/data folder    */
/***********************************************/
%let path= C:\Users\Lara\Desktop\MySASfiles\EPG194\data;
/**********************************************/
/* DO NOT EDIT THE CODE BELOW                 */
/**********************************************/
libname PG1 "&path";

Thank you so much. I've already spent hours on this and this feels a bit unreasonable since SAS Programming 1 is supposed to be very basic and require no SAS experience.
1 REPLY 1

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation