BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Lonny
Fluorite | Level 6

Good day,

I ran summary statistics on my data and my analysis variable is repeated (twice) in the table title. How do I correct this so the analysis variable is listed once?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lonny
Fluorite | Level 6

The solution worked. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JOL
SAS Employee JOL
SAS Employee
Can you send a screen print of the results.
Lonny
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes. Basically in the titale it will say Analysis Variable: SL Score SL Score

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

That is probably the LABEL that is attached to the variable. 

Try this example:

proc means data=sashelp.class ;
  var age;
run;
proc means data=sashelp.class ;
  var age;
  label age='age';
run;

You can either use a LABEL statement to remove the label.  Or add the NOLABELS option to the PROC MEANS statement.

As to why someone would make a variable named SL with a label of 'Score SL Score' makes no sense.  Or worse why anyone would make a variable named 'SL Score'n with an embedded space in the middle of the variable name and then also attach a label to it that did not add any extra information.

Are you sure the printout was not something like "SL_SCORE SL Score" ?  That makes more sense because then the variable name is probably SL_SCORE and the label is "SL Score".

Lonny
Fluorite | Level 6

The solution worked. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation