BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I have a script that runs correctly in Enterprise Guide on my computer.  However when I run the script overnight on a server it errors.  With the block:

proc sql;

_33                                                         The SAS System                                 05:28 Monday, May 20, 2019

1423       create table capacity_base as

1426       select academic_period, census_period, input(begin_time1,hhmm.) as time, COURSE_IDENTIFICATION, COURSE_REFERENCE_NUMBER,

1427       ACTUAL_ENROLLMENT, MAXIMUM_ENROLLMENT

1428       from odsstu.registration_course

1429       where census_period=&census and (academic_period>="&first_academic_period" and academic_period<="&last_academic_period")

1430       order by academic_period, COURSE_IDENTIFICATION, COURSE_REFERENCE_NUMBER;

ERROR: The informat HHMM was not found or could not be loaded.

ERROR: The informat HHMM was not found or could not be loaded.

It appears that when I run the block in Enterprise Guide that the script understands format hhmm.  But when running the .sas script on the server, the server does not understand the format expression.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Paige,

Looking at other posts it looks like the common solution is to add SS to the format.  Any idea why an error or warning is not thrown with Enterprise Guide?

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@DavidPhillips2 wrote:

Looking at other posts it looks like the common solution is to add SS to the format.  Any idea why an error or warning is not thrown with Enterprise Guide?

No idea at all. Smiley Embarassed

--
Paige Miller

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation