BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If the value of &SYSENCODING is WLATIN1 then you are not running with unicode support.

Are you asking SPSS to generate the SAS dataset?  Or asking SAS to read the SPSS dataset?  Or doing something else?

Mscarboncopy
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you, That is very good for me to know.

I was saving the SPSS into a sas file first (as a permanent file) and then trying to work with that sas file.

I just realized I can actually download the data file from Redcap as a sas file. I am trying this now and see what will happen. I will let you know if I still run into issues. Thank you so much again. 

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

So after 16 message back and forth we now learn that the source of the data is neither SPSS nor SAS, but is instead REDCAP.

What other formats can you get the data out of REDCAP?

Mscarboncopy
Pyrite | Level 9

I mentioned previously that the SPSS data file was coming from REDCap. REDcap is not a data format it is a data collection tool. The 2 options from REDCap is SPSS or csv, which I was not aware of and for that I apologize. REDCap provides a sas code to transform the csv data file into a sas file. I am yet to do this though, so I could still run into issues. I did learn a lot of things I did not know about with the exchange of messages here though, so I am grateful for that. Things I would otherwise never ask about. I do work with a lot of SPSS files (not quite this long though). I am constantly having to save SPSS files into sas files to be able to work with them. I don't always have access to csv files for this. I am happy I found out that REDCp does provide this option though. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation