BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
leehsin
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks to all suggestions in the discussions. These suggestions provide all the ways/directions to debug the code. In summary, by testing, I found in the current scenario, two ways made it work:
1) update the cases of letters in the path/file to be consistent;
2) I added a slash to the end of the first line, it could import the data (not knowing why, but this was what happened):
%CsvExl_Import(location= &rootDir.projects/pmh/qa/qci/pmh-be-car-cat/&impl./
,filename= caCat_Test_Plan_&impl.
,DBMS= xlsx
,outfile= caCat_Test_Plan_&impl.)
DWilson
Pyrite | Level 9

In your first post you have the string "bene" in your file path. In all subsequent posts the "bene" is gone and replaced with "be"

Which one is correct? "bene" or "be"?

Also, the let statement appears to have a space between the equals sign and the start of the name you want. Maybe the space is being captured and inserted into your file path? On Linux, spaces in file names are possible but you need to use a / before the space. Maybe SAS is trying to do something like that and is not quite able to do it? Maybe SAS is translating the space as a / which would give you two slashes which means that the resulting file path would not be found.

leehsin
Quartz | Level 8

'bene' you caught is a typo. It should be 'be'. Thanks.

I will check the effect of the space between the equal sign and the start of text in let statement. Thanks for the suggestion.

DWilson
Pyrite | Level 9

In one of your posts you said this:

I defined DBMS= xlsx. &impl is resolved as " 2019".

so it does look like the let statement is capturing the leading space before 2019. Try removing the leading space in your let statement.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation