BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yvrao
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

can anyone help me,

what is EDT (Electronic data Transfer) in SAS?

what are the SAS procedures we should use for this EDT and is there any refferences available in the online to learn EDT process,

Please help me to find the my above request.

10 REPLIES 10
Reeza
Super User
Can you add some context?
yvrao
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza actually i dont know exactly what is EDT, In my company(clinical trails human blood sample testing) their will be internal opening on EDT using SAS,so i am familiar with SAS Programming That's why i want know about the EDT.

Ksharp
Super User

Check

PROC CPORT

PROC CIMPORT 

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In the clinical trials arena, EDT generally refers to transmitting data without a lot of human oversight.  It can range from a nightly run program that takes the days analyses from the lab and packages it as reports to the sites to a more real time activity that monitors for incoming data, processes it, and send the results out.

One of the big differences I see is that the program(s) need to have a lot more error logic and alerts built in as there won't be as much human oversight.

yvrao
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you so much for the informatoin @Duke,
yvrao
Calcite | Level 5

Hey Duke,

can you have idea what are the SAS Programming steps, they are using for this EDT Process, that would be more helpful to me.

Reeza
Super User
look at PROC HTTPS and look at blog posts using API. Proc download may be of interest as well as knowing the xcommands to connect to your OS.

I would highly, highly suggest you reach out to a colleague in that area, invite them for coffee and ask these questions. Its an infinitely better approach and will get you better data.
yvrao
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you Reeza
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Reeza's comment to talk to a colleague in the area is spot on.  The procedures and skills needed vary depending on the goal of the EDT.  It could be that you need to do a lot of ODS formatting for report generation back to your clients or that you need ODBC or Oracle connectivity to load a database.

yvrao
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you Duke

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation