BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yiapipi
Calcite | Level 5

hi All, 

running with 9.4 SAS i'm experiencing a trouble with gspanel "BAR CHART" rapresentation...

proc sgpanel data=rwork.DATI_FIN_sorted_2 (where=(MERCATO = ('CORPORATE') )) ;

format NDG comma18.0 ;

styleattrs datacolors=(medium_orange brown lime green );

title1 f='Albany AMT/bold' h=0.8 color=depk justify=center

"rilevazione documenti fiscali su perimetro BMRC del &BMRC_DT" ;

title2 f='Albany AMT/bold' h=0.8 color=depk justify=center

"eseguito alla data del &rundt" ;

panelby coverage / layout=columnlattice novarname noborder colheaderpos=bottom;

Vbar CLUSTER_ANNO / response=NDG group= TIPO_DOCUM groupdisplay=CLUSTER

/*clusterwidth=1*/ stat=freq dataskin=gloss BARWIDTH=1

datalabel datalabelattrs=(weight=bold) /*seglabel*/ seglabelattrs=(size=10) ;

colaxis LABEL='CLUSTER ANNO BILANCIO' ;

rowaxis LABEL= '# Bilanci' grid;

run;

quit;

substantially a DB of 12.357 NDG observation  (Corporate) is showed in Histogram graph of 13.649 observation......

attacched you'll find data in sheet (FF) and  , graph and log result in sheet (GRAPH_LOG).

thank's a lot for your support

KRegards

Pio Piccinin

10 REPLIES 10
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

What is your question? I do not see any errors in the log and the picture looks like a bar chart clustered by a group variable.

yiapipi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Rick, thank's in advance for your prompt answer...

the item is related to the number reported in graph..

looking at "STOCK_Anni_preced" you'll find 589 for "DOC_FISC_SCADUTO" and 2557 for "BIL_SCADUTO".

referring to the input file,  the right value should be 456 for "DOC_FISC_SCADUTO" and 2363 for "BIL_SCADUTO".

it seems a wrong count in computation...

thank's again

Pio

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I do not know why you think the correct answer should be something different, but here's how you can confirm the SGPANEL values:

proc freq data=rwork.DATI_FIN_sorted_2 (where=(MERCATO = ('CORPORATE') )) ;
format NDG comma18.0 ;
tables CLUSTER_ANNO * TIPO_DOCUM / norow nocol nopercent;
run;

The numbers in the PROC FREQ output should match the numbers in the SGPANEL output. I tried it on the data you provided and got the same numbers from PROC FREQ and PROC SGPANEL.

If these are not the numbers that you are expecting, then check the conversion of the Excel spreadsheet into a SAS data set. Perhaps some data were corrupted during the process.

yiapipi
Calcite | Level 5

hi Rick, effectively is properly this the matter.

the selection i refer, is different among excel and SAS graph (as in previous post said) and i dont know a way to  check the conversion of the Excel spreadsheet into a SAS data set.

the sum in excel data set of CORPORATE/STOCK_Anni_Preced are 2819 and not 3146....

the proc freq you rightly suggest is aligned on sas Graph nor to excel, this is clear and i hope you agree on this

may be other SAS User has experienced this?

thank's for your patient and precious support

Pio 

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

So it seems this is not a graph problem.

Why do you think the Excel spreadsheet has a different count? Are you using an Excel formula?

I cut and pasted the data into SAS. I get the same count as SAS. I think the data in the spreadsheet that you posted has the numbers that SAS reports.

yiapipi
Calcite | Level 5

absolutely not Rick, no excel formula is used...

please review excel data i sent (not in SAS enviroment) and you'll see it's different from SAS report  in each group representation

pherhaps proc gspanel plays in a different way data before to group them? 

once again

ciao

Pio

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You still haven't told us why you think the Excel data is different. I do not see any difference.

Since this is not a graphing question, you might get more feedback if I move this question to a more general community. Would that be okay with you?

Good luck with your project.

yiapipi
Calcite | Level 5

Ok Rick, move this topic on the group you think better..

thank's for your time and support

Pio

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@yiapipi 

Looking into the XLS you've posted it appears this is in an old Excel version with a limit of 65K rows in a spreadsheet.

I believe you simply don't have all the data in the Excel as compared to the SAS data set and that's why the results are different.

Capture.JPG

yiapipi
Calcite | Level 5

Thank's Patrick, you are right.

no other words to comment the oversight....

once again Thank's

Pio

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation