BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AnilGaurav
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm importing a excel file into SAS. While importing, the date time which has 9/1/2020 7:28:11 AM (Date/time format) in Excel gets converted into a Text in SAS environment into 22159.311234.

I have found the solution to convert this original date and time  per below SAS code. However, I am not getting date incorrect but time is showing correct.

The date should be 01SEP2020 however it showing as 31AUG1960.

The time is showing correctly as  7:28:11 AM using the SAS code suggested.

data want;
  set review.QueryDetail;

format date date9.;
 format time timeampm.;
 format dt datetime21.;
 qdate = input(querydate,??best.);
 date=int(qdate)-21916;
 time=(qdate-int(qdate))*60*60*24;
 dt=date*24*60*60+time;

run;

The other code suggested here also used but I am getting same issue, it showing as 31AUG1960.

data want;
  set review.QueryDetail;

format sasdate date9.;
qdate = input(querydate,??best.); Adjusted_Datetime = (qdate + '30dec1899'd) * 86400; sasdate = datepart(Adjusted_Datetime); run;

image.pngimage.png

Could you please let me know how to get back the original date and time in date/time format in SAS.

I know there are many suggestion to convert the excel file into csv as excel has lots of issue but unfortunately I cant convert these into csv.

Thanks,

Anil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

If you have a character value then perhaps this will show you a way with a different INFORMAT.

data example;
 x="9/1/2020 7:28:11 AM";
 y= input(x,anydtdtm32.);
 format y datetime18.;
run;
AnilGaurav
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks for your quick response, it does works.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation