BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sascrazedpupil
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I'm having trouble with output for my homework problem. It keeps putting a different output that uses another dataset in my library ("Work"), and for my code, all the lines say "Error: Statement not valid or used out of proper order". For some reason, the dataset for this problem is not appearing in my library unlike the other datasets for the other problems. I have attached screenshots for your convenience below. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out.

Thanks in Advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sascrazedpupil
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you! All that stressing just for an "=", lol.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
whymath
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
In your second line, there is no '=' symbol between 'data' and dataset name;
sascrazedpupil
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you! All that stressing just for an "=", lol.
sascrazedpupil
Obsidian | Level 7
Turns out I forgot to delete the "=" sign between "data" and "fep3"
Reeza
Super User
 data=fep3;            ____            180 ERROR 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order. 71         infile '/home/u59384393/Comp Tools Assignments/FEP3 (Excel txt).txt' dlm='09'x firstobs=2;

The log is pretty clear - you have errors in the code and they're highlighted for you. 

There is no equal sign in a data step statement as you've shown there. Fixing that will help for starters - this error was likely not in your other code.

FYI - in the future please post your code and log directly into the forum, not as an attachment. It's faster and easier for you and much easier for us to answer quickly as we can copy/paste the solution back without having to download a bunch of files. PDF and HTML can also add extra invisible formatting characters which it includes in copying/pasting so it's not suitable for the forum. 

@sascrazedpupil wrote:

Hello,

I'm having trouble with output for my homework problem. It keeps putting a different output that uses another dataset in my library ("Work"), and for my code, all the lines say "Error: Statement not valid or used out of proper order". For some reason, the dataset for this problem is not appearing in my library unlike the other datasets for the other problems. I have attached screenshots for your convenience below. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out.

Thanks in Advance! 

sascrazedpupil
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you. I'm new here, so I'll definitely be sure to do that next time.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation