BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

Is there a way to reset the database password from SAS? I would like to give the ability for SAS users to be able to reset their database password (in my case Teradata pw) from SAS. Is there a way to do it?

I was wondering if I could run a macro (that is on Teradata) from SAS that would reset the password for the user. Is that possible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

I'd expect the syntax to be similar to Oracle's:

proc sql;                          
  connect to oracle (user="&username" path='xx' pw="&cur_pwd" ); 
  execute (alter user &username identified by "&new_pwd" replace "&cur_pwd" ) by oracle; 
quit;

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Krueger
Pyrite | Level 9

SQL Pass Through and you can use (EDIT): since your using TeraData it looks like you would use MODIFY USER to change passwords. Not very secure and is going to require an existing connection to the database, although I'm pretty sure your going to need a connection to the database regardless of method.

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

I'd expect the syntax to be similar to Oracle's:

proc sql;                          
  connect to oracle (user="&username" path='xx' pw="&cur_pwd" ); 
  execute (alter user &username identified by "&new_pwd" replace "&cur_pwd" ) by oracle; 
quit;

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you @ChrisNZ  and @Krueger  for the response. I was reading further on how to connect to Teradata and here is how we do it.

proc sql; 
connect to teradata (user="john" server="abc" pw="test123" mode="teradata" ); 
execute (modify user john as password="test234" ) by teradata; 
quit;

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation