BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
FernaNino
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi I'm trying to create my course files so I can do the activities but I can't do it. 

WARNING: Physical file does not exist, /home/u63984693/EPG1V2.
ERROR: ************************************************************
Path specified for data files (/home/u63984693/EPG1V2) is not valid.
Remember: PATH values in UNIX and LINUX are case sensitive.

Thank you
8 REPLIES 8
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I assume you try this on SAS On Demand.

Did you create a new folder named EPG1V2 in your home directory before you run the code?

Is u63984693 your user-id?

FernaNino
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi. Yes I'm using SAS On Demand.

Yes, I created a new folder named EPG1V2 in my home directory.

This is my user id u63984693.

Thank you.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@FernaNino wrote:

Hi. Yes I'm using SAS On Demand.

Yes, I created a new folder named EPG1V2 in my home directory.

No, you didn't 😉

Your picture shows that you created it under the sasuser.v94 subdirectory.

FernaNino
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you. I did it. 

But now I'm trying to import a xlsx file but I have another error:

This is the code: 

proc import datafile="/home/u63984693/EPG1V2/data/eu_sport_trade.xlsx";
dbms=xlsx
out=eu_sport_trade
replace;
sheet="sheet1"
getnames=yes
run;

FernaNino_0-1725665536012.png

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I see at least one and maybe more than one issue with what you're showing. In your first post, you showed

Cynthia_sas_0-1725668117911.png

The most usual reasons for this message are these possibilities:

--you did NOT create the EPG1V2 folder directly under Files (Home) top folder

--you did NOT run the data creation program and you don't have a data subfolder under EPG1V2 main folder

--you spelled the folder name in lower or mixed case. The data creation program is expecting to see EPG1V2 folder directly under Files (Home) top folder and ALWAYS in upper case: EPG1V2 -- not epg1v2 or Epg1V2 or mispelled as EGP1V2 any of those misspellings  will cause the error you show

Take a look at this video: https://youtu.be/piTtnbzODPs if you watch the video you'll see THIS structure for the EPG1V2 folder at approximately time stamp 4:53

Cynthia_sas_2-1725668584010.png

Note how the EPG1V2 class folder is directly under the Files (Home) top folder. If EPG1V2 is in any other structure (like down under the sasuser folder, then the data setup program will NOT work correctly, the data subfolder will not get created correctly and the SAS datasets will not be created correctly.

(Note that the video shows our older version of Programming 1 on the previous e-learning platform -- the class is the same, the container to play the videos is different. So the parts that show SAS Studio are the same.)

Then in a later post, you are trying to import an XLSX file, but you said that you created the EPG1V2 folder under the sasuser.v94 folder. That is the WRONG location. It is likely that none of your programs are going to run even after you correct the error in the PROC IMPORT step (you have a semi-colon in the wrong place).

I suggest you MOVE your EPG1V2 folder directly under the Files (Home) top folder and then re-run the data creation program. You can ALWAYS double check the physical path for any file or folder by clicking to bring the Server Files and Folders pane to the foreground, then navigate to the folder or file you're trying to get the path for. If you right click on the file or folder and then choose Properties you will next see a Location field in the Properties window. This location field will show you the EXACT location that you need to use in a PROC IMPORT or in a LIBNAME statement.

Hope this helps,

Cynthia

FernaNino
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Cynthia, thank you so much for your help. I moved the EPG1V2 file to home and am now good, but I still struggled with the import xlsx file.
FernaNino
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Cynthia.

I did it. I realized which semi-colon was in the wrong place.

Thank you!!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation