BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
helannivas88
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Did anybody try calling DB2 clpplus from SAS Client tools via Unix Command (X (or) %sysexec??

Currently SAS are installed in Linux servers and the DB2 servers are catalogued in our DB2 drivers installed in SAS machines.

When I tried launching clpplus from Command line , I can able to successfully connect to DB2 database.

But when I launch clpplus from SAS Clients (EG) , Im trying the below failure

[jcc][t4][2030][11211][4.25.23] A communication error occurred during operations
on the connection's underlying socket, socket input stream,
or socket output stream. Error location: Reply.fill() - socketInputStream.read
(-1). Message: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure. ERRORCODE=-4499,
SQLSTATE=08001

DB250018E: A connection attempt during the CLPPlus environment start sequence
failed. The CLPPlus environment failed to start.

I don't really think the above issue is to deal with any SAS programming. Do anybody have any idea on the issue please.

I'm struggling to resolve this for the past few months.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

When you log on to the commandline, your personal profile is executed, and that will include the necessary environment variables for the DB2 client.

When working with EG, the workspace server inherits its settings from the object spawner, which is started from the SAS installation user.

Have your SAS admin check what is necessary for DB2 to work, and include it in the WorkspaceServer_usermods.sh file.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

When you log on to the commandline, your personal profile is executed, and that will include the necessary environment variables for the DB2 client.

When working with EG, the workspace server inherits its settings from the object spawner, which is started from the SAS installation user.

Have your SAS admin check what is necessary for DB2 to work, and include it in the WorkspaceServer_usermods.sh file.

helannivas88
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Kurt. Its due to Java library . SAS session points to different JRE and command line session points to different Java.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation