BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jaimefortega
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone,

At work, I have access to a SAS 9.4 Workspace Server through SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1. The problem is that I'm trying to create a Java client, but I don't really understand how this works in order to access to the Workspace Server. Some things that I noticed are that:

- My user and password only works in the Metadata Server

- SAS Enterprise Guide logs in to the Workspace Server with a user named sassrv, but I only need to enter my user and password to log in to the Metadata Server. I don't need anything else.

- I found that the Workspace Server appears as Logical Workspace Server in a Foundation Repository, in the Metadata Server.

- The SAS Server runs in a 64bit Windows Machine

- I use my Windows user and password to get access via SAS Enterprise Guide.

I'm not an admin nor I have access to someone related to that, so I have to guess how to connect to the Workspace Server in order to access some data, but I'm new to SAS. I've been trying to use the documentation with no luck. I think the documentation isn't enough. I've been trying to connect to the server for a week.

regards,

Jaime

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

> I'm not an admin nor I have access to someone related to that

Just guessing here, but I would be surprised if the metadata server didn't need to be configured to accept the connection from the Java client.

jaimefortega
Calcite | Level 5

What do you mean? I can access the Metadata Server and it requires a User and a Password. The problem is that I can't get access to the IOM server (Workspace server).

I guess that I need to connect by using "Server attributes from the Information Service". The problem is that it asks to setup a User Service", but I haven't found any single example of how to do this. This is what the documentation says.

set up the User Service and create a UserServiceInterface uService >

// Step 1. Create a user context using the User Service
UserContextInterface cxfUser = uService.newUser("user1","user1pw",
   "user1domain");

Also, the link that is supposed to tell you how to create one, is related to the SAS Management Console, and isn't related to developing a Java client. 

Maybe I need to use the SAS Token Authentication System in order to get access to the Workspace Server as the sassrv user, but again, there's no any single example of how to do this in a Java Client.

I seriously need help with this.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation