BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gra_in_aus
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I am using SAS Display Manager to try and connect to the SAS Grid using the following code:

%INC "H:\sasconnect\SASGrid.inc";
%LET metahostname = sas-grid-prod.corp.au;
%LET metaportnumber = 8561;
%LET sasgrid = sas-grid-prod 7551;
OPTIONS metaserver="&metahostname" metaport=&metaportnumber metauser="&uid" metapass="&pw";
SIGNON sasgrid user=&uid password="&pw";

When I rsubmit code I have noticed that it is not registered in SAS Grid Manager as a job nor is it showing up when I check bjobs command from the command line.  I am worried that I am just submitting jobs to a particular node instead of the whole grid.  I am wondering if there is an option to add to the code that will allow me to see the code in either SAS Grid Manager or bjobs under a queue.

Many thanks

G

3 REPLIES 3
CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

Unfortunately , that is a hard question to answer as it depends on your client grid setup.

Do you have lsf client installed?

Are you using sas/connect?

You might want to speak to your sas Admin/Grid Admin to help you figure this out as there are several factors that maybe be the cause of you not seeing those jobs.

Here is one example.

If you are using sas/connect to connect to the grid then there is no way to see your connections in the grid.

gra_in_aus
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @CarmineVerrell 

I am using SAS/CONNECT without the LSF client. Would I need to install LSF Client (i.e. IBM Spectrum LSF) to have any code submitteed to the grid registered by SAS Grid Manager or 'b' commands in Linux?

Thanks

G

CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

If you use the LSF client then your session will appear in the grid. SAS connect is a legacy system that we include in our grid environments as an added feature to help support those that still use it. 

LSF clients installs are normally free but you will have to get the SAS admins permission for that as it will give you access to LSF command from your desktop, as well as SASGSUB.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation