BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Santha
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi

I am new to SAS Viya. 

I have a caslib called "X". I want to load a SQL table from another library into X with filters applied (meaning specific records from SQL only). I have this code below.

proc casutil;

load casdata="MSD" incaslib="LMENG" outcaslib="X" casout="MSDFiltered"
where="MasterClientName='XXX' and mode='Ocean' and YearQuarter='FY19Q3'";
promote;

run;

But I get an error saying the following . Any help to fix this is appreciated. Thank you.

"ERROR: Error occurred during Post Optimization.

ERROR: ERROR: [SAS][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver][Microsoft SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'Top'.
ERROR: ERROR: [SAS][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver][Microsoft SQL Server]The batch could not be analyzed because of compile
errors.
ERROR: Function failed.
ERROR: The action stopped due to errors.
NOTE: The Cloud Analytic Services server processed the request in 0.208456 seconds.
81 promote;
ERROR: Parameter 'name' is required but was not specified.
NOTE: The Cloud Analytic Services server pr
5 REPLIES 5
Santha
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi

I read it and i think it is a syntax issue that I don't get it. I am not able to figure out what part of  my Where clause is wrong. I was able to import the Full Table Called OceanRatingQueries. BUt what i really need is only when the Category says "terminal". Here is my code

proc casutil;
load casdata="OceanRatingQueries" incaslib="LMENG" outcaslib="STDOPT" casout="OceanRatingQueries";
WHERE="Category='Terminal'";
promote;
run;

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You seem to have an extra semi-colon in the middle of your LOAD statement.

Santha
Pyrite | Level 9

I have tried differen options like with and without semi colon. 

When I remove the semi colon at the end of load statement i get a different error. Here is the details of it.

77 load casdata="OceanRatingQueries" incaslib="LMENG" outcaslib="STDOPT" casout="OceanRatingQueries"
78 WHERE="Category='Terminal'";
NOTE: Performing serial LoadTable action using SAS Data Connector to SQL Server.
ERROR: Error occurred during Post Optimization.
ERROR: ERROR: [SAS][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver][Microsoft SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'or'.
ERROR: ERROR: [SAS][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver][Microsoft SQL Server]The batch could not be analyzed because of compile
errors.
ERROR: Function failed.
NOTE: The Cloud Analytic Services server processed the request in 0.179257 seconds.
79 promote;
ERROR: Parameter 'name' is required but was not specified.
NOTE: The Cloud Analytic Services server processed the request in 0.000972 seconds.
80 run;
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

You had

ERROR: ERROR: [SAS][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver][Microsoft SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'Top'.

Now you have

ERROR: ERROR: [SAS][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver][Microsoft SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'or'.
1. Why the difference? What did you change?
2. These keywords are not in the query shown.
3. Have you enabled tracing?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation