BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gizeme
Calcite | Level 5

I have a report with store sales information. This information is kept on a separate line for each store. I would like to send this information to the stores on a daily basis. but each store must send its own figures in the mail. how can I do that?

2 REPLIES 2
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@gizeme 

You create a report per store and then send this store specific report to the store specific email address.

First step: Write the program which creates the report and sends it via email for a single store. 

Then wrap a macro around this code and replace the relevant bits (like the email address) with macro variables which you can pass in as parameters to the macro.

Now create a data set with these parameters per store (1 row per store) and use a call execute where you call the macro and pass in the parameter values (1 call of the macro per store).

gizeme
Calcite | Level 5

its given an error

proc sql;
SELECT count(DISTINCT ID) into :numPeople
FROM MAGAZA_EXCEL;
%let numPeople = &numPeople;
quit;
proc sql;
SELECT DISTINCT ID
into :ID - :ID&numPeople, :mail - :mail&numPeople
FROM MAGAZA_EXCEL;
quit;

%macro send_report_emails();
%do i=1 %to &numPeople;
%let ID = &&ID&i;
%let to = &&mail&i;

options emailhost=("smtp.office365.com" port=xxx STARTTLS auth=login id="trreport@xxxx" pw="xxxxx") emailid="trreport@yrnet.com" emailpw="xxxxx";

filename mymail email "&to" SUBJECT = "Report Status" from="trreport@xxxx" content_type="application\xlsx" ;

data _null_;
put "The following reports are complete: &ca";
put "The following reports are complete: &debit";

run;
%end;

%mend send_report_emails;
%send_report_emails;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation