BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dkassis
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to help query performance in HIVE by computing the column statistics within SAS.  I am having trouble getting the syntax correct.  I was reading this paper http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/SAS0190-2017.pdf and trying the method in tip 7 but I can't get the following to run  Analyze table xxxxxxxxxxx compute statistics;  

Any advice?

Thanks,

Dan

3 REPLIES 3
r_behata
Barite | Level 11

The method you are referring in the paper runs the query optimization statistics from within Hive, which queries the hive's native metastore  . You may not be able to able to run the same command within sas.

Try running the command from Hive prompt or HUE (cloudera).

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

But if you for some reason wnat to call thsi fram SAS, what have you tried so far?

Not sure, but I guess that you need to put this inside an EXECUTE ( ) BY HADOOP; block.

Data never sleeps
yevgeniyelbert
Fluorite | Level 6

I am looking whether this is provided as part of implicit functionality as well, but you can surely do this with explicit pass-thru adding hive.stats.column.autogather = true

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation