BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Reeza
Super User

array1 should be the smaller list. 

This doesn't account for missing though so you may want to add a filter for missing to stop the DO loop.

shellp55
Quartz | Level 8

Got it, makes sense because it is matching blank to blank and considers that a match.  Sorry for being dense but not sure how to add that filter...but I will search the site.  Thanks again for all your help.

Reeza
Super User
if missing(_proc1(i)) then leave;

I think you add that into the top of the do loop. 

This does assume that once you find a missing value all other values will be missing, which is pretty much how I recall medical data being formatted.

Reeza
Super User
It's leave or break...you can test them 😉
shellp55
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks Reeza!  I've tried the code in various spots but it still shows as zero cases and I know there are some matching the criteria.

I've used:

do I = 1 to dim(_proc1);
find_index=whichc(_proc1(i) of _proc2(*));
if missing(_proc1(i)) then leave;
else if find_index>0 then do;
if _date1(i)=_date2(find_index) then flag=1;
end;
end;

Reeza
Super User

Change your sample data to better reflect your actual data and then I can test it. Otherwise, I'm guessing.

Reeza
Super User

@shellp55 You can also email me the sample data if you don't want to post it publically. I *think* I've worked with you before as a consultant and have a privacy contract that would still cover this. 

shellp55
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks Reeza but it will take awhile to de-identify my data.  I think you are correct that it is the blank values because I changed my test data so that there is no data in _proc1 and _date1 and it erroneously flagged the case as matching my criteria.  i'm trying to use if not missing(px1) to include an 'else if missing(_proc1(i)) then leave but I get an error that I do not have a matching do/select statement.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation