BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vnreddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I have two datasets with same datatypes and same variables names, each dataset has 100+ variables in it. And they are from different sources(SAS libraries).

I got a business problem to identify the variables with different data in it from both the datasets.

e.g. Dataset A with column STREET has values something like below.

8 BATH ROAD
7 CRIB Y SIANEL
RHONDDA HOUSE, PENDINE

Dataset B with column STREET values like below:

BATH ROAD
CRIB Y SIANEL
RHONDDA HOUSE

Here is the difficulty i have: Dataset A is from an old system and Dataset B is from New system. 

It's a migration work, data from B has more rows than A. Is there any way i can give few examples scenarios where columns with like data and unlike data(STREET).

Tried proc compare using a ID variable from both A and B, but as i said, B is having more rows.

My requirement  is to give variables with different values(STREET) like 5 obs. This is to tell new system(B) values are different from old system(A) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Look into PROC COMPARE.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

Look into PROC COMPARE.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation