BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Clash
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Transformation "Data Transfer" in DI-Studio, reading a table on machine A and store it on machine B. The only difference between these machines are that they are using different ports.

While doing this I get error -->

%let local = machine.A.com 1122 ;
data _null_;
 signon local AuthDomain="DefaultAuth" noscript;

Run ;

ERROR: Retrieving login information based on AuthenticationDomain from the SAS Metadata Server failed.
ERROR: Remote signon canceled.

In user-written code I would use userID and password instead and this works fine -->

signon local userid = &UserID. password = "&Password_PASSWORD.";

Is it possible to change this behavior in the Data Transfer transformation? Or should I use user-written node instead (I rather not). 

I also would like that DI-Studio, in some magical way, re-use my password from when I logon to DI without me have to give it again.. 

Best regards,

Claes

2 REPLIES 2
Clash
Obsidian | Level 7

UPDATE!!

Found out that I need to use "OutBoundAuth" for AuthDomain. So if there is an existing connect server and I define another one with OutBoundAuth instead, how do I tell the Data Transfer tranformation which one to use then connecting to my remote server?

Best regards,

Claes

Clash
Obsidian | Level 7
Update #2!
Been in contact with SAS Support and there is, at the moment, no option to choose which connect server to use. Only option is to change the authdomain on the existing connect server.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation