BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
coladuck
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm trying to output the results from PROC COMPARE to a dataset so that I can reference the variables that are unequal and their values. But when I open the dataset, it gave me a big red X and error message: A generic error occurred in GDI+

Capture1.PNG

Here is the program I used: 

proc compare base=Original compare=data2 out=comp_cha;
run; 

I also tried different options but none of them seem to help. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

It shouldn't do that.  I think you need to call SAS Technical Support.  

+1-800-727-0025
(In US and Canada)

+1-919-677-8008
(International Calls to US Headquarters)

Jim

ballardw
Super User

I would expect an error that references GDI to have some graphics calls. Are you sure there isn't another graphics procedure running?

coladuck
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you, folks! Yes, I usually see this in graphs but not when I tried to see data set. I'll call SAS tech support on this and post progress if any. Thank you again!! 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation