BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
LtRogers
Calcite | Level 5
proc fcmp outlib=work.function_hulk.util_hulk;
function convertTrueFalse(booleantext $) $;
length tmp $100;
tmp='';
return (tmp);
endsub;
run;

And the log...
ERROR: The product with which the function/subroutine is associated is either not licensed for your system or the product license has expired. Please contact your SAS installation representative.

But if I change the name of the function to _convertTrueFalse i works? WHY?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Very strange. I don't know why, but it looks like you get this message for any function name that begins CONVERT. For example, CONVERT and CONVERTABC will give the same error.

The only workaround I know is to use a different name, such as TrueFalseConvert. Or add an underscore, as you suggest.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Very strange. I don't know why, but it looks like you get this message for any function name that begins CONVERT. For example, CONVERT and CONVERTABC will give the same error.

The only workaround I know is to use a different name, such as TrueFalseConvert. Or add an underscore, as you suggest.

s_lassen
Meteorite | Level 14

Sounds like you hit upon a function name which is used in some other product - I cannot seem to find anything about that function name, though, so it may be some prototype stuff that has not yet come into production, and quite possibly never will.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In case anyone is concerned about the scope of this problem, it does not occur on the two most recent releases, namely SAS Viya and SAS 9.4M8. I was able to see the error in SAS 9.4M6, so it must have been fixed in M7 or M8.

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

@Rick_SAS wrote:

In case anyone is concerned about the scope of this problem, it does not occur on the two most recent releases, namely SAS Viya and SAS 9.4M8. I was able to see the error in SAS 9.4M6, so it must have been fixed in M7 or M8.

To add a lower limit for the release number: I did not get the error with SAS 9.4M5.

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Maybe not relevant for your use case (a fortiori because your problem is already solved).

Just adding this for people searching the SAS Communities with "PROC FCMP" keywords.

Five Reasons to Swipe Right on PROC FCMP
https://communities.sas.com/t5/Upcoming-Events/Five-Reasons-to-Swipe-Right-on-PROC-FCMP/ev-p/878500

Cheers,

Koen

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation